Thursday, October 25, 2007

Atonement.

Occasionally somebody (read: Mackenzie) will recommend a book to me and I will put off reading it for months and months for some reason or another. And then I will read it and I will feel two conflicting emotions: one, disbelief that I did not read it earlier because how could I have lived without this book in my life, and two, great joy that I did not read it earlier because that meant that I got to read it for the first time now!

Atonement by Ian McEwan is one of those books. Fuuuuck.

I think it was the most beautiful piece of fiction I have read in the past two years. No fucking joke.

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Umm. Hmm. I told you so. Is that the appropriate thing to say at this moment? I think yes. Now I want to reread it but lord know I have not the time.